"Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God, my savior
And my hope is in you all day long."
Psalm 25:4-5

About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, homeschooling mom of 3, married to an amazing man who is a blessing from God. I love Jesus and try every day in every way to grow closer to Him and live like He would have me live. I want to follow His path and glorify Him with my thoughts, actions and speech. Some days are good...most days I fail miserably. But...I keep praying and receiving God's unending grace! This blog is about our daily life of homeschooling and parenting and just trying each day to walk in His will.

1/15/10

Fighting Discontentment

I fight being discontent. This is what plays in my head...." Why me? or Why not me? or Why wasn't I invited? or Why wasn't my child invited? or How come? or Why don't I have... or I don't want to...."

I don't feel this way every day but any day is wrong. I am blessed beyond measure yet my sinful self absorbed self speaks lies into my heart and head. I want to be grateful, I want to be peaceful and I want to be CONTENT! One of the scriptures that I need to meditate on and pray every day is this... "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

And this is another of those life verses that I hang onto... "And we know, that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

I need to rest in this truth... that God is sovereign and He knows what is best for me at any and all times! He sees the big picture, the past, present and future and knows exactly what I need! So, if I don't have this or that, if I'm not invited to this or that or I'm asked to do something that I don't particularly want to do.... I need to trust in GOD and not in my self!

I saw this quote on a friend's Facebook page.... "Unerring wisdom ordained your lot and selected for you the safest and best condition. Remember this, had any other condition been better for you than the one in which you are, divine love would have put you there. You are placed by God in the most suitable circumstances. Be content with such things as you have, since the Lord has ordained all things for your good." Charles Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curriculum We Use

  • Picture This! (Bible curriculum)
  • How Great Thou Art (Feed My Sheep)
  • Vocabulary for the College Bound Student
  • Wordly Wise (Grade 5)
  • Easy Grammar (Grades 5-6)
  • Story of the World Book 1: Ancients
  • Notgrass World History
  • Perplexors Logic Puzzles
  • IEW
  • Tell Me More Foreign Language (FRENCH)
  • Spelling Power
  • Apologia Exploring Creation Through Anatomy
  • Apologia Exploring Creation Through Biology
  • Saxon Math
  • Horizons Math